Adele Howitt, Car Garden, Craig Charles, culture, Fiona Weir, Freedom Festival 2013, Fruit Market Hull, Hull, Hull City of Culture 2017, Hull Daily Mail, Hull Pie, Knitting, Touring Caravan Gallery, Yarn bombing
1. Car Garden: According to “Hull Daily Mail” this brilliant garden was designed by Adele Howitt and Fiona Weir, although I didn’t know that at the time! To quote the article, “Adele said the artwork carried a serious message – creating a haven for endangered bees and an urban space for the insects to pollinate flowers“. I’m a great supporter of bees and hope Adele and Fiona keep up the good work. If you’re interested in bees as well you might interested in another post of mine concerning “Song for the last Queen”, an bee themed art installation by Sybille Neumeyer: https://anticsroadshowblogspot.wordpress.com/category/souvenirs-2/
2. The Touring Caravan Gallery: Another brilliant idea! If you want to know exactly where the Touring Caravan Gallery is at the moment, check out its Facebook page. It could be closer to you than you think!
3. Pie @ Freedom Festival: If you’re in Hull and you like pies, why aren’t you at Hull Pie eating a delicious pie? You’ll find Hull Pie at 19 Trinity House Lane, HU1 2 bang in the centre of The Old Town. Hull Pie has also branched out to 202 Newland Avenue, but I haven’t had the pleasure of going up there yet. You can keep up to date with the menu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thehullpie
4. Lean On Me: I’ve already featured this on my blog, but I couldn’t resist posting it again! You can read more about it here: https://anticsroadshowblogspot.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/photo-archive-yarn-bombed-lamppost-hull-september-2014/
5. The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show: Hearing that Craig Charles was going to be doing his BBC 6 Music show live from the Freedom Festival was what made me cross the Humber Bridge in the first place, so it be rude of me not to include a photograph of him in my top five. In fact I took quite a few photographs as I made my way through the massive crowd to the front here, so there might be another Craig Charles related post to follow.